Erectile dysfunction can occur spontaneously or develop gradually. It often happens that impotence is periodic and disappears after the elimination of the external problem. However, if the problem persists or the frequency of unsuccessful intercourse becomes more frequent, you should immediately consult a doctor.
physical manifestations of impotence.
The main symptoms of erectile dysfunction:
- complete or partial absence of morning erection;
- difficulty in getting and maintaining an erection;
- weak erection.
In addition, symptoms of impending erectile dysfunction are discomfort during urination, which is a sign of inflammatory processes in the organs of the genitourinary system.
Complications of the disease
Erectile dysfunction can cause the following complications:
- dissatisfaction with intimate life;
- severe stress and depression;
- the development of complexes and a decrease in self-esteem;
- problems in the family or in relationships with a partner;
With the development of impotence, it is important not only to immediately contact a specialist, but also to be frank with your partner. Silence is the worst choice. Honesty in relationships and discussion of a delicate issue will help reduce the negative effects of impotence, maintain a full-fledged relationship.
The diagnosis of “erectile dysfunction” is made after a detailed examination and questioning of the patient.
Diagnosis of erectile dysfunction includes:
- consultation with a urologist;
- ultrasound diagnostics;
- blood tests (hormonal panel, complete blood count, biochemical analysis);
- diagnostics of the vessels of the penis for the ability to expand;
- Analysis of urine;
- testing the innervation of the penis;
- diagnosis of nocturnal erection.
After an accurate determination of the cause of the pathology, an individual treatment of erectile dysfunction is prescribed.
Treatment of the disease
Therapy of the disease directly depends on the causes that caused it.
If erectile dysfunction is caused by psychological factors, the patient is referred for treatment to a sex therapist and psychotherapist. In addition, the very existence of a violation requires psychological support in order to avoid the development of complexes.
If impotence is caused by taking medications, erectile function is restored after discontinuation of the medication.
If the violation is based on other pathologies, it is necessary to undergo therapy for this disease.
For hormonal disorders, hormone replacement therapy with testosterone or other hormones may be recommended, depending on the disorder.
High efficiency in the treatment of erectile dysfunction was shown by:
- shock wave therapy;
In difficult cases, when conservative methods of treatment do not help, surgical treatment can be prescribed, during which inflatable devices with semi-rigid rods are introduced into the penis, making it possible to achieve and maintain an erection.
An effective way to treat impotence is to change your lifestyle, give up bad habits, reduce body weight, increase physical activity, etc.
After treatment of erectile dysfunction, the patient needs to be monitored and monitored. If the pathology is caused by psychological factors, it is necessary to control the emotional well-being of the patient in order to avoid a relapse of the disorder.
If the dysfunction is caused by concomitant diseases, the patient needs not only psychological support, but also control from the attending physicians (endocrinologist, urologist, cardiologist, etc.).
Prevention of pathology
Prevention of erectile dysfunction includes a number of activities that are aimed at the general maintenance of a man’s health.
For the prevention of impotence and other diseases, it is recommended:
- proper and regular nutrition;
- healthy lifestyle;
- timely access to a doctor in case of illness;
- cessation of smoking, alcohol and drug use;
- refusal of drugs that can provoke erectile dysfunction (their intake is possible only with the agreement of
- the attending physician);
- avoid prolonged sexual tension, and if it occurs, resort to ejaculation;
- in case of trauma in the groin or perineum, consult a urologist.
Effective treatment of erectile dysfunction in Kyiv is carried out at the MEDICOM clinic (Obolon, Pechersk). It will help each patient to feel the joy of life again. Modern techniques, qualified specialists and complete confidentiality during treatment will help you get rid of the problem without additional stress. Call our call center and you will find out the cost of the consultation, you can make an appointment at a convenient time for you!